[LMB] A terrifying idea

Brad Jones brad at kazrak.com
Sat Jul 20 17:55:01 BST 2019

On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 9:08 AM Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Gwynne: Sailors in the 5GW don't like having sorcerers on board.
> And they have passing seagulls, sharks, and pirates for the sorcerer
> to use to shed disorder.
>
> Now imagine Desdemona in a spaceship.

I've been pondering a modern setting for the 5GU, and one of the elements
is that registered sorcerers are Extremely Forbidden from all commercial
flights.

I suspect you'd have similar in the Vorkosiverse.  Military and charter
vessels can take that risk if they want, but commercial travel would just
say Nope.

"We brought along 10 crates of glassware for you to vent disorder into as
needed."