[LMB] OT: Oh My!

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Sat Jul 20 20:49:29 BST 2019

On 7/20/19 12:40 PM, Aruvqan Myers wrote:

> Holy crap on a stick, did you know we have over twenty two THOUSAND
> emails since 2011?!!!!!ELEVENTY1!
>
> <whimper>
>
> I think I haz some deleting to do! I didn't realize whatever settings I
> had didn't delete deleted emails off the Gmail server ...

Heh. Your email pales in comparison to mine!

# du -sh /var/spool/imap/z/user/zlynx/
9.6G    /var/spool/imap/z/user/zlynx/

# find /var/spool/imap/z/user/zlynx -type f | wc -l
485432

Almost 500,000 emails in there. Some of those go back to 1998. Lots of
mailing list content in there, although I did delete everything from
Linux Kernel Mailing List when I was subscribed or it'd be a lot bigger.
--
                 Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                         Study Hard -- Be Evil