[LMB] Another Desdemona question

Joel Polowin jpolowin at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 20 23:13:52 BST 2019

Beatrice Otter <beatrice_otter at zoho.com> wrote:
> I don't know that "powerful" is really what happens as demons age,
> though.  It's not that they have more raw ability, it's that they
> have more understanding.  More ability to do subtle things.

Again, from _Paladin of Souls_, we have: "The creature was very dense,
and ugly.  And large.  And old, centuries old, rotten with time."
We don't know for sure what "dense" and "large" mean here, of a being
of only spirit.  But they do suggest that with age, the demon grew
in some sense.  ISTR that the so-called elementals were described on
several occasions as "small" as well as "formless".

Do we have any mention of why Desdemona is running out of steam -- what
exactly she's running out of?  It can't be merely that she's been doing
too much directed stuff with no chance to vent chaos, in most cases,
since there's almost always *something* around that can be blown up;
the only exceptions that I can think of are when she and Penric are
needing to keep a low profile.

Joel