[LMB] OT: Oh My!

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Sat Jul 20 23:49:43 BST 2019

On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 01:49:29PM -0600, Zan Lynx wrote:
> On 7/20/19 12:40 PM, Aruvqan Myers wrote:
>
> >Holy crap on a stick, did you know we have over twenty two
> >THOUSAND emails since 2011?!!!!!ELEVENTY1!
> >
> ><whimper>
> >
> >I think I haz some deleting to do! I didn't realize whatever
> >settings I had didn't delete deleted emails off the Gmail server
>
> Heh. Your email pales in comparison to mine!
>
> # du -sh /var/spool/imap/z/user/zlynx/
> 9.6G    /var/spool/imap/z/user/zlynx/
>
> # find /var/spool/imap/z/user/zlynx -type f | wc -l
> 485432
>
> Almost 500,000 emails in there. Some of those go back to 1998. Lots
> of mailing list content in there, although I did delete everything
> from Linux Kernel Mailing List when I was subscribed or it'd be a
> lot bigger.

and I thought I had a lot:

 du -sLh /home/fredex/Mail
5.8G	/home/fredex/Mail

My personal email is a little less than 3 gigs, roughly half of that
total which includes mailing lists and miscellaneous cruft.
Clean it up? Whyever for? :) Now I can point to another geek with
nearly twice as much saved mail!

Fred

                     all ages, now and forevermore! Amen."