[LMB] TSK - Echoes

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 19:20:40 BST 2019

One thing that I like about A Song of Ice and Fire is that there isn't "Big
Good" vs. "Big Bad."  We see into the minds of people on all sides, and see
that nobody's a villain in his own story.  There are some undeniably evil
people---the Boltons and Walder Frey come to mind, as does Petyr
Baelish...but even the "good guys" do some awful things, and even most of
the "bad guys" do good things sometimes.  And people change.  When we first
see him, Jaime Lannister is about as bad as it gets, but capture,
misfortune, and suffering change him greatly, making him IMO a pretty good
guy, over all.