[LMB] Fwd: Fwd: Re: TSK - Echoes, malice morality

markus baur baur at chello.at
Tue Jul 23 08:12:05 BST 2019

Am 22.07.2019 um 23:56 schrieb Karen Hunt:

snippitites est

> German: (1st 2 books only) Landzehrer
> 2007, Die Klingen des Lichts (The Sharing Knife: Beguilement), ISBN
> 9783404205714, published by Bastei Lübbe, translated by Alexander Lohmann,
> cover by Daniel Ernle
> 2007, Der Magische Dolch: Die magischen Messer Band 2 (The Sharing Knife:
> Legacy), ISBN 9783404205806, published by Bastei Lübbe, translated by
> Alexander Lohmann, cover by Daniel Ernle

native speaker here ..

Landzehrer is not a word that exists in the german language, but we have
that way of glueing a few words together in order to make up a new noun
(see also : Donaudampfschifffahrtsgesellschaftskapitän) 8)

as a translation back into english i would use "landeater" -
"something/someone that actually eats the land" (Zehrer would be the
noun form of the verb zehren (which most commonly is used in the form of
"verzehren", eating something, with the overtones of eating it completely)

i must say that is a nice choice the translator made here

servus

markus

a-1040 wien                     email: baur at chello.at