[LMB] TSK - Echoes

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 23 19:09:51 BST 2019

> Gwynne: One thing that depresses me about most evil overlords is that they're
> so small, in their ambitions. Yes, they want to take over the world, etc etc, but...
> then what? They have no reason for doing it except to bounce around gloating.

Gwynne: To follow up on this; not only are so many evil overlords apparently
very limited in their ambitions, but often it's rather pointless.

Frex... Voldemort. He's apparently terrified of dying, and works to avoid it. Most of
his life is spent plotting, planning, assembling various items, and staying alive - but
in a very miserable way. From the time he started his scheme he had a pretty dull
and gloomy time. He didn't enjoy his life. No love, no family, nothing created or
achieved. Most of the time he was losing, hiding, suffering, and wasting his life for
nothing. Why did he bother fighting so hard to stay alive, when he never lived? It
was all a waste of his time and energy - he could have done so much more.