[LMB] Interesting idea re Heinlein's "Citizen of the Gal

Raye Johnsen raye_j at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 24 03:09:04 BST 2019

IMHO,  the main reason why Hollywood doesn't handle Heinlein well is because they don't understand what he's trying to say. Also IMHO, Heinlein doesn't handle female characters all that well. If you want a good female character in a Heinlein adaption, I honestly think your best bet is to gender-flip someone. That's why I think a gender-flipped version of "Citizen" isn't such a bad idea.  It deals with the whole "decent female characters" problem.
Raye

Sent from Yahoo7 Mail on Android

  On Wed., 24 Jul. 2019 at 7:11 am, Eric Oppen<ravenclaweric at gmail.com> wrote:   Why the gender flip?  To make it easier to pitch?  Given Hollywood 's track
record withHeinlein I'm leery of it.