[LMB] OT: Tree maturity, was Copyright was:Clandestine Classics

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 21:13:56 BST 2019

On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 11:52 AM Aruvqan Myers <aruvqan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Revisiting an ancient posting because I am going through all the emails
> and deciding what to actually save and which to discard because I can
> get them at the archived list ...
>
> Upon trees ...
>
> Mainly because I have one of a bare handfull of no shit real *American
> Chestnut* trees outside of an arboretum growing in the yard....

On the topic of chestnut trees, because* I just read this:
Coppicing trees leads to multi-generation trees in one small area, leading
to a variety of wildlife habitats.

[*] also because there are many, many people on this list who like Knowing
All The Things

https://www.quora.com/Did-people-in-ancient-and-medieval-times-mainly-use-wood-to-fuel-their-fires-If-so-how-did-they-avoid-scarcity/answer/Julia-Herdman-1

Sylvia