[LMB] What makes a character irredeemable?

Tony Zbaraschuk tonyz at eskimo.com
Fri Jul 26 19:44:41 BST 2019

On Fri, July 26, 2019 1:34 pm, Royce Day wrote:
> That said, it's important to remember that Dondo got taken up by the
> Bastard due to the delayed Death Magic that Cazaril performed. It's a
> little ambiguous as to whether a properly performed Death Magic ritual wil
>  just work automatically, or the Bastard ignores the plea if the target
> isn't awful enough in His opinion.

We might note that the death demon plucks both Dondo and Martou out of
Cazaril when it leaves, but that the Father picks Martou up out of the
rush and leaves Dondo with the B*stard.  It seems as if no matter by
what channel a soul reaches the gods, They have some ability to pick
and choose -- and, indeed, the soul itself has the ability to say
'yea' or 'nay' to the Five.  I think it's a mutual choosing.

Tony Z

--
Et vocavit Deus, "Fiat lux!"