[LMB] Knife Children

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 16:48:17 BST 2019

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 11:09 AM Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com>
wrote:

>  ... It was questionable and sleazy. But once he found out he had a
>  child, he spent the next twelve years faithfully monitoring her. And he
> grew up.

So, he's watching her but she never sees him? He's not contributing to her
upkeep at all?  Is that part of "grew up"?

> Meanwhile Lily has lived as a farmer, with no Lakewalkerish hints about
> her. Barr is hoping it stays that way.

So yes, its better for her not to have a Lakewalker hanging about.

> The first time I read this novella, I tried so hard to read it slowly,
> because
> I wanted to visit this world again and wanted to stay there for as long
> as I could. But I wanted to read fast to find out what happened. We just
> slip into it all so comfortably.

Sadly, I don't like e- or audio- books, so I haven't actually read it.
But I will be reading this read-through with Gwynne, and enjoying it.

Sylvia