[LMB] Belief: Was What makes a character irredeemable?

Joel Polowin jpolowin at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 31 18:40:28 BST 2019

Beatrice Otter <beatrice_otter at zoho.com>
> Yeah, but with trained animals and deceitful temple grooms, you could
> fake the funeral miracle easily.  Christians have always believed
> that God and/or saints come to some Christians in visions and dreams;
> what is to stop people in the 5GU from being just as skeptical about
> claims of visions as people in our world can be?

*Everyone* gets that little miracle, highly publicly.  Including in the
little towns where everyone knows everyone and the local divine is --
more or less -- just another person in the community.  It would take
a remarkable amount of cynicism to believe that they're all faked.
I've no doubt that there would be a few such people, because cynicism
knows few bounds, but it seems to me that they'd be considered to be
in the same territory in the 5GU that flat-earthers are in ours.

Joel