[LMB] What makes a character irredeemable?

Matthew George matt.msg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 20:51:28 BST 2019

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 10:45 PM Eric Oppen <ravenclaweric at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wouldn't wish what happened to Horseriver on anyone---and I am known for
> being a vindictive swine.  "It's not my fault!  I'm a tragic victim of
> Corsican Alzheimer's---where you forget everything but the vendettas!"  And
> I do think the Quintarians were out of line with that whole "forcible
> conversion" thing---but I was never a big fan of that anywhere.

There are subtle hints that the gods were indeed lending them assistance,
and given that shamans have a much easier time making contact with the
gods, it's striking that their pleas for help were ignored.

I think the suggestion may be that the shamans were abusing their powers,
sundering people against the wills of themselves and the gods, and so the
gods found humans capable of stopping the shamans and gave 'em a little
boost.  That's merely my interpretation, though.

Matt G.