[LMB] Birthday Tixie October 1 for Kris!

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 1 07:36:37 BST 2019

This month, we have quite a treat in store. Ladies,
gentlemen and gentle-others of the Bujoldian
Multi-verse Society have penned poems in honor
of October’s birthdays. Now, these folks are strictly
amateurs, and don’t mind a little illogic or the odd
meter in their works, so don’t expect Shakespeare.
He was booked this month. Yes, for the whole month.

What they lack in polish, they’ll make up with enthusiasm.
First up, for Kris Wiegand’s birthday today on Oct. 1, we
have Provincara-to-be Anna Maria with a four-stanza
Darthacan Sestina. What we lack in stanzas, we make up
with enthusiasm. (Yes, this is one of the catchphrases for
the month.) Wonderful wishes for a happy day, Kris! Without
further ado:

In Darthaca, the land of love’s own tongue,

A maiden fair awaited true love’s kiss.

For Daughter’s sake, she’d accept no less.

No silly fumblings of the village boys,

No practice rounds behind the hedge.

She vowed her first would be her best.