[LMB] Birthday Tixie: Missing Stanzas

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 1 07:42:40 BST 2019

Oh, for Five Gods' sakes! I double-checked on the website
and it seems THREE stanzas got eaten. I am sending
the other three; if they get messed up also, I will take
this as Fate saying the project is entirely too ambitious,
and change to Birthday Pies.

Sending the next three stanzas:

 From the wild forest came Weald’s best:

A practiced love with a silver tongue.

With lovely widows, his bets he’d hedge,

Finding easy lodgings with each soulful kiss.

And of young virgins, he thought much less.

He’d leave them to the village boys.

The Darthacan maiden spurned her village boys;

The Wealdan stranger looked quite the best

(She’d broken her heart over much less).

She brought him a plate of heart and tongue

And gave him the most gentle, yielding kiss

When she met him behind the feast hall’s hedge.

Alas, behind that Darthacan hedge

The maiden should have stayed with her village boys.

For what started as a wild, romantic kiss

(Something no local lad could ever best)

Turned into a wild wolf’s slavering tongue,

As the Wealdan shapeshifter ate her whole; nothing less.