[LMB] Gendered English

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 1 09:06:53 BST 2019

From: Lorelei Kaena <lorelei.kaena at gmail.com>

Some snips.....
And yes, people do deny that intersex people exist. They are, in this thread, trying to deny how many of them there are. Or trying to say that intersex people are the same as trans* (needing to be on hormones does not mean being trans*, or a lot of post menopausal women are trans*!). Looking androgynous: man, woman, or intersex. Looking male or female, you can still be intersex.

Gwynne: Nobody is 'trying to deny' anything. We're trying to define and
understand the situation. Questions aren't attacks, and if people can't get
clear, honest answers they won't give the support and acceptance you're
demanding.

Or are you scared you are, and haven?t found out?
Turlach

Gwynne: That comment is absolutely disgusting, and a terrible insult to
those in the community you claim to defend. If anyone else here made a
similar comment, using that condition as an insult, you'd be outraged - and
rightly so. To throw it in someone's face as a snide remark, denigrating that
group and anyone who's trying to understand them, is a pathetic attempt
to shut down any questions or open discussion.

If you want it that much, you can have it. I'm out, I'm done, I no longer care or
want to know anything more. First the 'colonial' crack, and now this; you can
have this playpen all to yourself, I'll enjoy the other threads.