[LMB] Gendered English

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Wed Oct 2 14:09:27 BST 2019

> On Sep 30, 2019, at 5:07 PM, Lorelei Kaena <lorelei.kaena at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The focus on red hair is a bit disturbing. Wikipedia is not a great source. Here is a link to frequency of intersex conditions, broken down by both category and full group. http://www.isna.org/faq/frequency  It is as accurate as a worldwide frequency of Trisomy-13 or cleft palate, and has appropriate footnotes.
>
> Here is a link showing exactly what current treatment is for infants presenting as intersex, since a few of you seemed to show interest in that sort of thing. http://www.isna.org/faq/concealment
> Note that the same hospital, the same doctor, denies the exact same treatment model to trans* children, in a stunning display of hypocrisy. Yes, they put 18 month old’s on hormones to force them into a gender role, remove their gonads, right now, but say that delaying puberty is dangerous.
>
> They then lie, and refuse to turn over the medical records, to those people, even when they’re adults.
>
> And yes, people do deny that intersex people exist. They are, in this thread, trying to deny how many of them there are. Or trying to say that intersex people are the same as trans* (needing to be on hormones does not mean being trans*, or a lot of post menopausal women are trans*!). Looking androgynous: man, woman, or intersex. Looking male or female, you can still be intersex.
>
> Or are you scared you are, and haven’t found out?
>
> Turlach

Remember, you have to treat your doctors like you would a used car salesman as regards advice.

The pecuniary interest can dictate behavior even with the person not being aware.

I have been told with respect to cancer treatments after getting the first advice to ask the doctor what she would do if
it were a loved one or himself and have been told the answer is frequently different. Doctors can lose their license for
telling people to follow advice outside “standard of care” or be sued if the result is bad.

—
“That which doesn’t make us stronger kills us.”