[LMB] Listbiz- split topics

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 15:46:44 BST 2019

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 8:13 AM WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com> wrote:

> Occasionally, a conversation will split in two without the subject line
> changing. It can be confusing and possibly embarrassing to reply to one and
> end up with the other.

Hello, OverQuote Tixie here.
After being away for the weekend - A sweet New Year to you all - I came
back to find the thread that split.
Since gmail includes most (but not all) posts with the same topic as a
single conversation, it can indeed be a weird experience to read such
varied topics under one subject line.  Also when reading things slightly
out of order - because gmail decided that "Re:" in a post means its a
completely new thread - it can get surreal.

Perhaps we need a new Tixie to remind people to change the subject line?  A
thankless task, but I suspect everyone who reads the clearer subject lines
will appreciate it.