[LMB] SK - Meeting the folks again

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 19:34:12 BST 2019

On Sun, Sep 29, 2019 at 12:03 AM Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> (Sorry, this ran long.)

I'm not sorry at all.

spent fifteen years holding onto a lie that curdled a lot of their
> family life, and especially Lily's childhood. And as we've seen, it
> twisted Reeve as well - Edjer too.

To some extent, you can blame the boy himself. After all, Fawn's brothers
treated her terribly, without the secrets in the background.

We have never seen a functional Farmer family, have we? Not even on the
sidelines. Well, maybe that family where Fawn healed up after the malice
ripped her fetus out.

> It turns out that Lily feels guilt, because Bell told Lily to watch Edjer.
> Bell couldn't control him, so she shoved him at Lily, who was doing
> chores,

It makes me SO SO ANGRY when adults shove their responsibility onto their
young children and then blame the child (teen, preteen, NON ADULT) for not
being able to take on adult responsibility.

BAD THING, ADULT. DO NOT DO THAT.  NO.

And of course the kid feels guilty for not "doing what you're told" even
though it is out of their capabilities.  A "good kid" would do what they
were told!

Sylvia
who has seen "eldest" kids grow up and swear they would never have kids,
they're done with all the child-minding