[LMB] No lefties in the Nexus

Luke Bretscher rocketman0739 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 15:52:05 BST 2019

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 3:28 AM Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm just wondering where they drew the line.

The most looming part of this question to me is what to do about
mental conditions that aren't unmitigated negatives. Being
manic-depressive isn't exactly fun, but how many artists would you
eliminate by taking it out of the gene pool? I don't think anyone
thinks severe autism is beneficial, but many people with mild autism
use that different perspective to get things done in ways that
neurotypicals couldn't. And I'm sure there are more places where this
issue is fraught. Personally, I'd approach the issue quite
conservatively, only allowing suppression of the most obviously
debilitating conditions.

Luke