[LMB] No lefties in the Nexus

Lorelei Kaena lorelei.kaena at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 19:53:44 BST 2019

I have two genetic disorders. You ‘edit’ them, you edit me. Perhaps you see why this disturbs me?

I feel my life is very worth living. It’s full, and meaningful. Yes, I may need a wheelchair in my future, it’s been brought up. Yes, I have a heart defect. I’m well past my sell-by date! I survived surgery last week (not my heart, they don’t need to mess with that), even though I did lose blood (expected, when you have vascular Ehler’s Danlos). But should you wipe out every family with my disorder? Seriously? Because that’s what you’re talking about.

It’s the only way to be sure. It’s how they diagnose you, after all. My uncle died as a baby from a heart defect. My aunt has it, and her kids.

You see why this discussion worries me, and should worry anyone?

Turlach