Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 19:58:21 BST 2019

I can think of some changes that would be great improvements.

Just for starters---I was reading some really oogy stuff about scurvy, and
about how long it took for people to figure out how to counter it.  If I
were designing improvements for people, one thing I'd do would be to give
us the same ability to secrete our own Vitamin C that almost all other
animals (except bats and capybaras, for some insane reason) have.

Getting rid of heritable bad traits, like Alzheimer's and a tendency to
cancer, would also be IMO a Good Thing.  I've seen too many good people
laid low by both, and seen that those things galloped through their family
trees.  That would go double and triple for hemophilia.

You wouldn't have to go full-haut (or full-Draka, for that matter) to be
able to do a lot of good stuff with that sort of technology.