[LMB] No lefties in the Nexus

Lorelei Kaena lorelei.kaena at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 20:24:20 BST 2019

Not in particular, of course not. In general? It’s written right there. All those ‘cruel chromosomal defects’ gone, ‘so much heartbreak avoided’. Which would mean, perforce, that the people who carried them in their genes are gone. That’s what gene-editing is.

> What else did they remove from the gene pool? Eye problems? Yes please.
> Same for hearing defects. Allergies - oh sweet spirits yes. No more allergies.
> Parkinsons - sure. Arthritis and Rheumatism? Gout? (Please note, I don't
> have ALL of the above. Sheesh.)  Down syndrome? And all those cruel
> chromosomal defects that cause life-limiting conditions. All gone - so
> much heartbreak avoided. Bipolar and schizophrenia? Probably gone too.

If people don’t want to mean things that come off like that, they shouldn’t write them.

Turlach