[LMB] No lefties in the Nexus

Rebecca Price becca7108 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 13:39:25 BST 2019

I'm bipolar. I've also written a bunch of fairytale books. I have never
been able to hold a job more than 3 years, have done ECT, and had 2 stints
in the hospital for depression.  I've gone on incredible spending sprees,
like spending 5K at an art fair on stained glass.  Would I trade my fairy
tales for a more even life? I'd have to think about it, but probably yes.

On Friday, October 4, 2019, Alex Kwan <litalex at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> > On 4 Oct 2019, at 18:51, M. Haller Yamada <thefabmadamem at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > Who am I kidding? There's going to be trauma enough to inspire
> > somebody, and crush other people. We're always going to have
> > that with us.
>
> But what if it’s not about trauma being ‘character building’, but a
> certain disease being linked to a gene that otherwise does good? What if,
> say, the genes that gave Stephen Hawking his genius also caused his ALS
> (Probably won’t in reality, I know)? Most parents might have tweaked that
> disease and his genius away, but then he wouldn’t be him.
>
> little Alex

What is a book but the trail of words on paper left behind by a wandering
mind?