[LMB] No lefties in the Nexus

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Fri Oct 4 14:03:02 BST 2019

> On Oct 4, 2019, at 2:20 AM, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> A possible answer to the 'How much do we twitch the chromsomes'
> question: deal with any problems or anomalies, removing any
> life-limiting conditions and defects. Take away the heart defects,
> Alzheimers, the myriad of tragic syndromes that make life so difficult.
> Cleanse away whatever you feel will impact badly on your child's life.
>
> But don't add anything. Don't build in musical ability, don't change
> intelligence, don't add specific talents. Take away the impediments
> so that the real, natural spirit and strengths can shine. I think that would
> be the line for me.

I’ve never understood that point-of-view.    Sometimes the measurement of “normal” is hard to define.   How about having genes that make me as athletic as an Olympic gold medalist?    Is that OK?    Or maybe as athletic as a high-school star?    (Or replace genes with money to get training).   Gordon Cooper had better than 20-20 vision.    Can we modify my genes so that my children have better than 20-20 vision too?   Or is it only OK if we modify them so that they have 20-20 vision, no better?     How *tall* is acceptable for my genes to make my children?   How smart?