[LMB] No lefties in the Nexus

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 4 16:52:44 BST 2019

Just to make something clear: I don't have an answer for most of
these questions. When I throw out some of these discussion topics,
it's because I'd love to see the input from the many and varied posters
on this site. I get ideas and information I'd never have had on my own.
And then it all simmers down and we see what happens.

Part of the point of this discussion has been stated by a few people:
who decides, what's the 'normal' line, what alterations do we allow,
what do we lose, what would you do to give your child a life without
some of the medical problems we face?

And some of those questions have no single, clear answer - or at least
not when we start the discussion.

But some of these topics need to be discussed, and not just by us. They
say that most laws lag a few decades behind technology; that's certainly
true of the internet. So one day, and probably one day soon, this topic
won't be an idle discussion, it'll be our reality. And, probably, most
societies will stumble along making up laws and regulations as they go.

Wouldn't it be nice if we planned it first? If the ground had already
been covered?