[LMB] No lefties in the Nexus

Joel Polowin jpolowin at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 4 18:18:48 BST 2019

Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Part of the point of this discussion has been stated by a few people:
> who decides, what's the 'normal' line, what alterations do we allow,
> what do we lose, what would you do to give your child a life without
> some of the medical problems we face?

Of course, no matter what is collectively decided to be acceptable,
there are going to be people who flout the law and/or social "norms".
See, for example, the Chinese researchers who were gene-editing human
babies, per news reports of about a year ago.  On the basis of poor data
saying that the particular change they introduced would be harmless.

Joel