[LMB] No lefties in the Nexus

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Fri Oct 4 20:03:00 BST 2019

On 10/4/19 11:26 AM, Beatrice Otter wrote:
> Beatrice Otter The obvious answer is to have a society in which
> medical care--including prenatal genetic manipulation--is a basic
> universal human right.  We already have quite a few societies on
> earth in which most healthcare is a basic human right, paid for by a
> National Health System or whatever.  It's not too many steps further
> down the road to include prenatal genetic manipulation as a standard
> treatment.

A society can try that of course, but more money will always have access
to more resources, so while society may have medical care as basic
universal human rights, the rich people will *always* have even better
medical care.

Even if it is a full communism where everyone is equal *in theory*
that's never true in reality. The well connected political types will
have the dachas on the lake and the best doctors and the medicine made
in the *real* factories by workers who actually care about doing their
jobs right because they've been bribed to care.

--
                 Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                         Study Hard -- Be Evil