[LMB] No lefties in the Nexus

Alex Kwan litalex at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 20:13:38 BST 2019

Hello,

> On 5 Oct 2019, at 03:03, Zan Lynx <zlynx at acm.org> wrote:
> A society can try that of course, but more money will always have access to more resources, so while society may have medical care as basic universal human rights, the rich people will *always* have even better medical care.
>
> Even if it is a full communism where everyone is equal *in theory* that's never true in reality. The well connected political types will have the dachas on the lake and the best doctors and the medicine made in the *real* factories by workers who actually care about doing their jobs right because they've been bribed to care.

Speaking as someone living in Hong Kong and using its government healthcare regularly (for a very early stage of diabetes), basic government healthcare is plenty good. And the meds are extremely cheap, imho, at less than US$20 for six months worth of four kinds of them. In fact, I’m actually thinking of moving back to the States and my biggest worry is healthcare.

little Alex