[LMB] Listbiz: list posts getting eaten

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Fri Oct 4 20:57:24 BST 2019

On 10/4/19 1:25 PM, Gretchen Wright wrote:
> Am I the only one who is not seeing Beatrice Otter's posts? I recall there
> is a known issue with gmail (which I use) not interacting well with some
> other listees' ISPs. Curious if this is the same issue or not and if
> there's anything I can do about it.

Have you checked your GMail spam folder for her messages? It is my
understanding that GMail tries pretty hard to not outright delete
incoming email, so it should be in there somewhere.

I run my own email system and the worst thing it says about Beatrice
Otter's messages is that it comes from "a commonly abused free-mail
provider." but that combined with Bayesian analysis and other things
actually ends up giving her a negative spam score (-2.3) on my system.
So I don't think GMail would be totally erasing her.

One thing I did when I used GMail is filters. I still have them set up
and I just went to look.

For the LMB list I use in GMail Settings: Filters and Blocked Addresses:
> 	Matches: list:(lois-bujold.lists.herald.co.uk)
> Do this: Apply label "LMB", Never send it to Spam, Never mark it as important

You could add another one for Beatrice. Her email address is
beatrice_otter at zoho.com

You can go and read any messages you may have missed in the list
archives at http://lists.herald.co.uk/pipermail/lois-bujold/

--
                 Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                         Study Hard -- Be Evil