[LMB] Listbiz: list posts getting eaten

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Fri Oct 4 21:39:34 BST 2019

I notice that the headers for Beatrice's emails show

(1024-bit key; unprotected) header.d=zoho.com header.i=beatrice_otter at zoho.com

although other tests like spf do pass for her domain.

I also noted that this list has the extra header
which made me smile.

If you're a gmail user, you may lose some mail to spam, although I've
usually not found this a problem. You're more likely to have mail you
wanted to see end up in the Promotions or Social tab on gmail rather than
where you want it, in your Primary tab.

Ways to avoid this:

Firstly, add lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk and the emails of anyone
you're having problems getting emails from to your Google Contacts (under
"People & sharing" in your Google Account (the A button in Gmail)).

Secondly, if the Bujold messages are not in your Primary tab:

1. Go into the tab where the messages are and left-click and hold onto a
Bujold list message. A box will appear saying "Move one message".

2. Drag the message to the Primary tab (right onto the text saying
"Primary").

3. Release the mouse to drop the email into the newly selected tab.

4. Once dropped, Gmail displays a yellow box that asks if you want to make
this change permanent. Click Yes to ensure that all messages from the
Bujold list will show up in your Primary tab from now on.

I've tried this and it works.

You can also turn off tabs you don't want them. Go to Gmail's settings, in
the "Configure inbox" section -- just unclick the box beside the tab name.
(More info: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/3055016?hl=en)

There's more info about handling Gmail tabs here:
http://kb.mailchimp.com/delivery/deliverability-research/place-emails-in-primary-tab-in-gmail

Alayne

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca

If there is a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, you must be the one to write it.
-- Toni Morrison