[LMB] No lefties in the Nexus

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Fri Oct 4 21:45:52 BST 2019

On Oct 4, 2019, at 6:34 AM, Tony Zbaraschuk <tonyz at eskimo.com> wrote:

> The problem is that some genes are both.  I believe the case of sickle-
> cell anemia has already been mentioned (two copies of the gene kills
> you; one copy makes you slightly worse off except that it's much harder
> for malaria to affect you, which is a net benefit if you live in
> heavily malarial regions - there are a number of different variations
> on just that one theme.)

I know that one gene with sickle cell anemia grants protection against malaria.

I’m not sure what the one gene benefit is with Tay-Sacks.

I feel sorry for Huskies, Malamutes, and other cold-adapted dogs, below sub-arctic climes, as well as the indigenous humans in that situation.
Alaskan natives are actually not Inuit, but other groups, of which Yupik, Aleut, and Inupiat are but three.

A. Marina Fournier
Valley of Heart’s Delight, CA
saffronrose at me.com
sent from iFionnghuala