[LMB] Listbiz: list posts getting eaten

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Fri Oct 4 22:05:03 BST 2019

On 10/4/19 2:39 PM, alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca wrote:
> I notice that the headers for Beatrice's emails show

> failed" (1024-bit key; unprotected) header.d=zoho.com
> header.i=beatrice_otter at zoho.com
>
> although other tests like spf do pass for her domain.

How strange. Her email's DKIM do authenticate for my server and for
mailroute.net, which is my acm.org mail relay.

Ah, I see, her last email directly included me as CC and that email is fine.

Oh, didn't we run into this before? As I recall the list server modifies
the messages but doesn't remove the signatures, resulting in DKIM rejection.

Oddly this results in people whose email providers do things *right*
getting rejected by GMail after going through the herald.co.uk servers
beause they're doing things *wrong*. Or at least out of date and
old-fashioned.
--
                 Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                         Study Hard -- Be Evil