[LMB] No lefties in the Nexus

Damien Sullivan phoenix at mindstalk.net
Fri Oct 4 23:07:40 BST 2019

On Fri, Oct 04, 2019 at 07:28:24PM +0000, Tidsel wrote:

> > I'm bipolar. I've also written a bunch of fairytale books. I have never
> > been able to hold a job more than 3 years, have done ECT, and had 2 stints
> > in the hospital for depression. I've gone on incredible spending sprees,
> > like spending 5K at an art fair on stained glass. Would I trade my fairy
> > tales for a more even life? I'd have to think about it, but probably yes.
>
> But that would be your choice. An embryo cannot choose..

An embryo can't choose anything.  Not to be bipolar, not to not be
bipolar, not to be born, not to be aborted.  And a 'natural' random
embryo doesn't have more right to be brought to term than a designed
one.

Raise a natural embryo, and you'll have a child.  Raise an engineered
embryo, and you'll also have a child.  Hopefully one with less suffering
and better adaptation to the current environment.

-xx- Damien X-)