[LMB] No lefties in the Nexus

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 5 05:40:38 BST 2019

Another stray thought (My thoughts stray a lot):

We're not arguing if, but now much.

In other words, most of us on the board have at least one medical
condition, inherited or acquired, that we'd rather do without.
And we deal with it/them. We take meds, we have physiotherapy,
we get surgery, and whatever else it takes. We accept that these
conditions need treatment to make our lives easier. Or, in some
cases, possible.

So if we're prepared to get help through our lives, why not get it
at the beginning and save a lot of time and suffering?

Yes, as an adult we can give our own consent, or not. But parents
are allowed to get medical help for their children; it's a legal
requirement. They can be charged if they neglect their children by
not getting appropriate medical care. It could easily be argued that,
when the technology is available, that responsibility for care would
extend to the very beginning.