[LMB] No lefties in the Nexus

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Sat Oct 5 08:19:01 BST 2019

On Oct 4, 2019, at 7:28 PM, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:

> From: Sylvia McIvers <sylviamcivers at gmail.com>
>
>> On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 6:51 AM M. Haller Yamada <thefabmadamem at yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>> Or, on the other hand,
>> the slippery slope that "every sperm is sacred" --
>> each act of male masturbation the murder of six million
>> possibilities, or each lost period is a lost baby. Or two.
>> I don't think anyone on the list wants to go there.
>
> You just _had_ to go there, didn't you?
> Literally yesterday, someone aimed this at me, and now I'm going to share.
> Sylvia
> coming late to Monty Python... but not as late as that parrot.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUspLVStPbk&
>
> Gwynne: You just had to do it, didn't you!!!!
> Now I'll have that song in my head ALL DAY!!!!

I attended a Monty Python & the Holy Grail quote-a-long tonight. No parrots. No sacred sperm.

Crowns, coconut shell halves, the makings for a popsicle sword and replica of the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, a bit of shrubbery—I think that’s all the props there were. A score of attendees cane with interesting garb: I merely had etched two bone pins with quotes (‘Just a flesh wound’ and ‘Go away or I shall taunt you a second time’).

A propos of another thread, I often say, “Wake up pretty Polly!” when some device is not showing signs of the activity, and at the speed, which I’m expecting. Waiting for a slow-loading page triggers this fairly often.

We use a lot of Pythonisms at this house.

A. Marina Fournier
Valley of Heart’s Delight, CA
saffronrose at me.com
sent from iFionnghuala