[LMB] No lefties

Pat Mathews mathews55 at msn.com
Sat Oct 5 13:55:00 BST 2019

No, evolution doesn't work in a linear fashion by killing off the weak branches. Evolution works by killing off or inhibiting the breeding ability of any genome not adapted to the conditions prevailing at the time. So when things change drastically, those who were perfectly adapted to the old order die off, and those oddball mutants on the fringes thrive.

Those old-fashioned "ape-to-Englishman" evolutionary diagrams so often seen satirized in the last picture, (hunched-over cyclists, oblivious phone addicts) simply assumed facts not in evidence.