[LMB] OT: ouch

Rebecca Price becca7108 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 16:10:32 BST 2019

I have a bag that I tend to carry with me. I reflexively put my tablet and
kindle in it when I go. I also have spare charging cords and wall warts,
headphones,  and a back.up battery charger. This came in handy when I was
in a strange city and wound up in the hospital for a week.

On Saturday, October 5, 2019, Pat Mathews <mathews55 at msn.com> wrote:

> Oh, dear. Being without book in those circumstances sounds dreadful.
>
> I always bring my ereader in my purse, but unless I know we're in for a
> long, loooong wait, never bother with the charger! And the local drugstore
> said they used to carry the plain chargers but discontinued them because
> "They were cheap and kept breaking" which I translate as "We weren't making
> enough of a profit on them."
>
> I hope you can find someone who could get you a charger for your ipad at
> least.

What is a book but the trail of words on paper left behind by a wandering
mind?