[LMB] October 6 Birthday Tixie

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 6 13:43:51 BST 2019

Alison Hendon, here’s wishing you a very, very happy day! Today’s
poem was supposed to be of the Quaddie Concrete style – a poem
that is shaped according to its meaning. But with the formatting and
everything? Oh, I’m scared, very scared. So, at any rate, this is
meant to look like a warehouse shelving area.

Oh the automated loader comes much closer
And loads the blocks on our hiding space so
We Oo
Oooooh, We barely had room to breathe. The
Load shears off and we are safe, if you call it
Safe, what we are. We have to get out of this
Space and into somewhere with some breathing room.

Many thanks to Penny Michenko, who had not only provided her
first poem for the Bujoldian Multi-verse Poetry Appreciation Society,
but has also made us some lovely peppermint humbugs – shaped
in null-gee, they are perfect spheres and of particularly delicate
consistency.