[LMB] Birthday tixie rounding out his duties for the month

Katrina Long k.m.allis at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 21:24:08 BST 2019

Thank you!

I've been dipping in and out of the list this year (and not saying much)
due to RL.  So catching up today.

I love good food and it sounds like a lovely birthday celebration.  I will
definitely put the breath mask on and go outside - but I'm going to listen
to the safety videos and check the air left in the tank first!

(For my birthday on Earth, I had lunch the previous Saturday with friends.
My husband took me out for dinner on the day to a nearby pub and then we
came home and snuggled with our six month old recently spayed kittens.
Which speaking of spaying kittens, I can highly recommend the suitcal
recovery suits - so much easier than a cone of shame!)

Ngā mihi

Katrina

On Mon, 30 Sep 2019 at 06:30, Eric Oppen <ravenclaweric at gmail.com> wrote:

> The Tixie comes in, pulls off his breath mask, and announces:
>
> Today, in 1982, our fellow listie Katrina Allis was born.  Katrina, in
> honor of your birthday, you are invited to spend the day in a luxury suite
> in the best hotel in Komarr.  The Barrayaran governor will be your host,
> and he and his lady will escort you to the top entertainment venues, the
> best shopping, and to a dinner at a restaurant featuring the cuisines of
> the Nexus.  If you'd like, you may put on a breath mask and go outside, and
> the Soletta will be visible through the dome if you decide not to risk it.
>
> Happy birthday!
>
> And this iteration of the Tixie heads offstage until he is summoned back to
> duty next year.

Prayer, he suspected as he hoisted himself up and turned for the door, was
putting one foot in front of the other.  Moving all the same.
Lois McMaster Bujold, _Curse of Chalion_