Joel Polowin jpolowin at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 8 20:56:25 BST 2019

WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com> wrote:
> quietann <quietann at gmail.com> wrote:
>>WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com> wrote:
>>> The list knows that I dote on my granddaughters. Hazel is ADHD and Elanor
>>> is type 1 diabetic. I wouldn?t change either.
>> As I Type 1 diabetic, I don't think you, who do not have Type 1 diabetes,
>> have any right to make that decision for her.
>
> You say that I can’t love my granddaughters the way they are?

Eh?  Nobody has suggested anything like that.

If you could change *that specific aspect* of her -- and no other
genetic changes -- it would give her better health and a longer life,
sparing her time, trouble, and expense along the way.  Would you not
want to do that?  There would probably be some differences to her
personality from not having to live with that health problem; that
factor is unpredictable.  She would be a somewhat different person,
but probably not a *worse* person, and no less deserving of your love.

Joel