[LMB] No lefties

Matthew George matt.msg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 20:57:18 BST 2019

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 11:56 PM Douglas Weinfield <douglasw at his.com> wrote:

> What's your basis for thinking that random genetic variability will be
> better for tomorrow than an intentional effort to anticipate tomorrow?

What's the basis for thinking that evolutionary algorithms in, say, circuit
design would perform any better than humans using reason?  It's been
repeatedly demonstrated that such algorithms routinely create designs
engineers cannot, and in ways we never considered.  Reason is a potent
tool, but it's not all-purpose.

Matt "tired of re-explaining the wheel over and over" G.