Ruchira Mathur wetair at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 21:21:01 BST 2019

I have been staying out of this discussion, but ... I don't have kids, but
I do have parents and I'm going through some medical issues that are
largely gentic in origin.

And I know that if my parents could have changed my genes to make me
healthier, they would. It wouldn't make me different person, just a
healthier one. Make it easier to live my life, to be able to work and study
and play without worrying about my health.

And I feel like that comment, that would not change a person, that means
you would not change their personality. And that's good, it really is. A
person should be free to be are.

I also really do not see how changing a person genes to remove diabetes
would change a person's personality. If you could do it and don't, I feel
like you are condemning them to a life filled with needless health
problems. I just feel they would be even more themselves if weren't
struggling with health issues all the time.

All this hypothetical of course. Since there is no gene therapy for
diabetes. Though if there was, I really cannot believe people would refuse
to take it.