Tidsel tidsel at protonmail.com
Wed Oct 9 11:58:16 BST 2019

> All this hypothetical of course. Since there is no gene therapy for
> diabetes. Though if there was, I really cannot believe people would refuse
> to take it.

I certainly would take it, and so would anyone with diabetes I should imagine. But I think this discussion is seeing this question from 2 angles at least: what we would do as adults as our own choice, and what parents would do for/to their children.

I think it got a bit confused by being turned into whether parents would love their grandchildren if they Had diabetes. I cannot imagine anyone who would not, I think few would think otherwise. But the issue is if they would take away diabetes from the embryo if that were possible, to make their lives healthier by far, and whether or not that would change them as persons. As for that last, I cannot see how it would change them in any way other than make them healthier.