WILLIAM A WENRICH wawenri at msn.com
Wed Oct 9 13:47:42 BST 2019

I’m sorry to have confused the issue. Elanor has type 1 diabetes. If a cure was found, I’d pay anything to get it for her. We do not now and likely never will have RL gene cleaning. The closest we come now is the eugenicist answer that she should have never been born. My personal opinion is that eugenics is an evil idea and certainly evil in practice. (BTW, has anyone on the list read Bladerunner by Nourse?)
As to Hazel, her ADHD is a integral part of her personality. A treatment plan that would give her more control would be good but I don’t see any way to change her without making her a different person.
I’m probably ADD. I’m to old to have been diagnosed when I was young but the method applied to Brian would have applied to me as well. The coping mechanisms I have learned have been helpful in other areas. Brian makes movies, mostly in the prop department.
If someone had come to me with a gene cleaning method that would have eliminated Brian or Hazel’s ADD or ADHD and changed their personality, I would hav turned them down. If such was mandated by the government, I would start a revolution.

William A Wenrich