Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Wed Oct 9 18:59:01 BST 2019

> On Oct 8, 2019, at 2:35 PM, Matthew George <matt.msg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> And I know that if my parents could have changed my genes to make me
>> healthier, they would. It wouldn't make me different person, just a
>> healthier one.
>

> Even ignoring pleiotropy, that last sentence is just ridiculous.  It's
> trivially and obviously wrong.

Well, *everything* would make me a different person.   If I had gone to a different school, or had different neighbors…

Parents could have been too poor to buy eyeglasses, and their children would be different.   That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t get eyeglasses for your children because they would be different people with them.