WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Wed Oct 9 20:08:32 BST 2019

> On Oct 8, 2019, at 7:05 PM, Matthew George <matt.msg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Does that mean that, if someone told you they could increase your future
> child's IQ by two SDs, you'd consider that intervention necessary?  A
> no-brainer?
>
> See?  Reversing the situation doesn't always reverse the appropriate
> response.

A child that smart and possible much smarter than the parents or teachers could
present real problems. Suppose the kid would have Dr. Hawkins level of intelligence
and that increased by 2 SDs.

Lot’s of my friends oft don’t follow me, partially because I achieved a Master’s in Math and
jump severals steps in logic because it’s SO obvious. Or because I’m the type of person who would
attempt grad school in Math. Or as Tom Lehrer would say, “How they got that way.”

OBbj: Miles’ very bright parents had great difficulty with him.
—
“That which doesn’t make us stronger kills us.”