[LMB] No lefties in the Nexus

Karen A. Wyle kawyle at att.net
Fri Oct 11 13:44:16 BST 2019

 Argh! Stop spoiling my not-yet-published book Donor! (Actually, I'm going to steal a detail from your question.)
Karen A. Wyle

 From: WalterStuartBushell <proto at panix.com>

> On Oct 5, 2019, at 12:40 AM, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com <mailto:gwynnepowell at hotmail.com>> wrote:
> It could easily be argued that,
> when the technology is available, that responsibility for care would
> extend to the very beginning.

It?s already been pushed into pregnancy, alcohol or other drugs, dangerous sports, falling down stairs etcetera.

Gwynne: Wait until we have effective artificial wombs (the tech is getting close)
and then are able to transplant embryos to an artificial womb instead of aborting.
Now THAT will set off a whole new set of interesting questions and reactions: If
social services can remove a child from abusive parents, could they enforce a
transplant of an embryo to an artificial womb if the mother is an addict, drinker,
smoker, etc?
Lois-Bujold mailing list message sent to kawyle at att.net
Lois-Bujold at lists.herald.co.uk