[LMB] Milkweed and mutations

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Fri Oct 11 14:59:50 BST 2019

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 02:25:23PM -0400, Gretchen Wright wrote:
> This news item is doubly on topic: it features Fawn's favorite useless
> thing (milkweed) and it involves genetic engineering!

TIL milkweed is a real plant!

(It's always interesting to read English fantasy when English is not
your native language: you never know what things are real and what are
invented.  I remember thinking "soda fountain" was a weird SF-nal
invention back when I first read Heinlein.)

Marius Gedminas
--
There is a 70% probability of tomorrow. (Actual weatherman quote, 1988)