[LMB] Genetic engineering

Richard Molpus rgmolpus at flash.net
Sat Oct 12 01:40:37 BST 2019

 Neither Lenin's or Stalin's Russia or Mao's China should be considered Lawful Evil; All three were Chaotic Evil, as there was little rule of Law. People could be taken from the streets, 'Tried' and sent to prison on the whim of the ruler; with no evidence offered about a crime.

Russia under Brezhnev became Lawful Evil; mainly because Brezhnev was to lazy to order arrests for the sole purpose of causing fear in the population.

    On Friday, October 11, 2019, 4:29:43 PM CDT, WalterStuartBushell <proto at panix.com> wrote:

> On Oct 11, 2019, at 1:08 PM, Zan Lynx <zlynx at acm.org> wrote:
>

> In D&D terms I'd rather have a Lawful Evil government than a Chaotic Good one. With the first the laws are known and not arbitrary, and a fake sob story doesn't get someone anything they didn't earn. It's fair.
>
> The second one is just shambolic.

Depends on the ratio of Chaos to Good vice Lawful to Evil.

The slave trade was very Lawful (If you consider the unwritten laws and pretty damn evil.)to

The Vor system seems to be at its best Chaotic Good as it favored people over principles.
“Nepotism is a way of life.” as Miles said.

—
“That which doesn’t make us stronger kills us.”

Lois-Bujold mailing list message sent to rgmolpus at flash.net
Lois-Bujold at lists.herald.co.uk